Hi ShokzSquad! Dan Cox here, one of AfterShokz’ Global Ambassadors, updating you all on my journey to the 2019 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon!
Race day is quickly approaching, the pieces are coming together, and I’m getting excited to toe the line and race my brother for a bit of redemption. Up until this point, I’ve told you about my training so far, and how I've managed my workouts to get back to the start line. Now, with race day around the corner, I’m talking about the fun stuff. Here’s a peek at the gear I’ll be counting on to get me to the finish line.
The San Francisco Bay is no joke – with cold, rough waters and a strong current, a great race kit and a wetsuit is necessary. I rely on my thermal swim socks and skull swim cap to fend off the cold – gotta keep those extremities warm!
- TYR Hurricane Wetsuit Cat 5: Engineered for elite performance, this wetsuit utilizes a slew of advanced features to provide optimum stability, maximum speed, and energy efficiency in the water while ensuring high heat retention.
- TYR Competitor Tri Top & Bottoms: Equipped with specialized compression webbing for increased blood flow and maximum muscle performance, they are lightweight, quick-drying, and ultra breathable.
- TYR Socket Rockets Goggles: With a rubber adjustable nose bridge, double latex head strap, and wide peripheral range, these goggles provide minimal drag and increased speed.
- Blueseventy Thermal Swim Socks & Skull Cap: Creates an extra layer to protect against heat loss.
- Garmin Forerunner 735XT Watch & HR: Made for triathlons to track all three sports and transition time.
Having a great bike is critical. You’re going to spend a lot of time in the saddle, so it’s imperative to get fit at your local bike shop and know that even the slightest adjustments can make a significant difference.
- Cervélo P2: Focussed on aerodynamic performance, usability, and a great ride quality at a reasonable price.
- Specialized Pro Road Shoes: The FACT-carbon soles ensure incredible pedaling efficiency with excellent ventilation and suppleness for outstanding comfort. Complete with lock-ratcheting buckles and hook-and-loop strap for a custom fit and feel.
- Specialized S-Works Evade: Gives lightweight ventilation and great aerodynamics.
I love the run because it’s the last part! Get your training in and top it off with a pair of shoes to complement your running gait. We don’t want to see any bruised toenails at the end of this race!
- Saucony Kinvara 9: A neutral fit with a superior lightweight fit.
- MetCon Headsweats Trucker Hat: To keep the elements out of my eyes and the sweat off my face.
It takes a TON of gear to train for and finish a triathlon. Lucky for you, AfterShokz has put together a sweepstakes to set you up with the best gear for your next (or first!) triathlon. Enter now for a chance to win incredible gear plus race entries and travel for you and a friend to the 2020 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Learn more and enter here!