Put your invisible genius caps on, #ShokzSquad! Welcome to Shokz School, a new blog series featuring a variety of different quick hacks for using your AfterShokz Bluetooth headphones (and your Xtrainerz, too!) like a pro. If these tips seem familiar, it’s because we’ve culled through some of our previous blog and support posts to find some of the scoops you may have missed in the past.
While you may know the basics for using your AfterShokz for day-to-day activities, your headphones are engineered to do things seamlessly with just a couple of quick and simple actions. Check out these three helpful headphone hacks and make life with your AfterShokz even easier!
How To Skip A Song
The multifunction button on your AfterShokz may as well be an “easy button.” Find it in a snap on the side of your headphone’s left earpiece (or transducer). With just a few quick taps, the multifunction button unlocks a variety of different actions, making a workout or a phone call easier than ever before. To skip a song on your AfterShokz headphones, just double-click the multifunction button while your music is playing.
If you’re the proud owner of some Xtrainerz headphones, skipping a song is a little different. To skip a song, press and hold volume+ for two seconds while your music is playing.
How To Voice Dial
They say good things don’t come easy, but it’s pretty obvious that the multifunction button is quite the exception. Your AfterShokz wireless bone conduction headphones are engineered to be compatible with your mobile device’s voice assistant (like our girl Siri, for example). Press and hold the multifunction button for two seconds to activate voice commands and you’re all set! One thing to remember: this quick tip only works for our Bluetooth enabled headphone models (sorry Xtrainerz fans!).
How To Change The Language Settings On Your Air and Aeropex
If you’re looking to brush up on your foreign language talents or you’re just blessed with multi-lingual abilities and you have a pair of Air or Aeropex headphones, this AfterShokz pro-tip is for you! Changing the language settings on your Air headphones is easier than you might think. Just follow these three quick steps:
- Start with your headphones powered off.
- Enter pairing mode by pressing and holding the volume+ button until the LED flashes red and blue and Audrey says, “pairing.”
- Double-click the multifunction button. You’ll hear a melody indicating the language has been changed. Keep in mind that Audrey speaks four languages, so you may have to repeat this step a few times before you find your language of choice.
- If you’re using Aeropex headphones, Audrey will announce the new language to confirm the switch.
Wondering how to change the language settings on your Xtrainerz? We’ve got you covered!
- Start with your headphones powered on.
- Press and hold volume+ and volume- for two seconds.
- Audrey will announce the new language to confirm the switch.
Have any AfterShokz quick tip requests or further questions about the ones we covered? Please click the support chat button below!